Regional activities incorporate a range of actions and initiatives undertaken by the South West Group and include:
- Lobbying and advocacy on regional issues
- Stakeholder engagement and information sharing
- Participation in forums, events and workshops
- Coordinating projects, studies and research
- Promoting and marketing the region
- Supporting economic development activities undertaken by member Councils
The regional activities include longer term activities outlining in the South West Group’s Strategic Plan as well as short term activities identified in annual work plans. Progress on activities is reported to the South West Group Board and Committees as part of the regular meeting cycles.